*not official artwork
SHIPPING MID-JULY TO LATE AUGUST*
*DATE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Wiikey U is an Optical Disk Drive Emulator (ODE). Once installed between the motherboard and DVD drive, it allows the user to either emulate games as ISOs from removable storage media - or use the WiiU in normal (passthrough) mode.
Wiikey U does not rely on CFW or any particular original firmware. The console can be updated and used normally. When installing Wiikey U for the first time the unique drive key for the console has to be obtained - which only needs to be done once - and can be done with software.
Wiikey U is the first solderless ODE modchip for the WiiU on the market.
- Works on all WiiU consoles from all regions
- Play your WiiU or Wii games from any USB media!
- No custom firmware required for operation - you can update to the latest official firmware and play online
- User friendly intuitive Web and Remote interfaces
- Hardware AES engine
- Ultra-small size - makes installation easy!
- Hardware and software for high-speed game ripping to PC to be released soon
- No soldering required
- Multi-language support
- Supports most file systems, including NTFS, EXT2/3/4, and Mac OS X Extended
- High speed USB2 interface
- Powerful embedded Linux system running from Micro SD card (included)
- Linux firmware fully updatable from USB media
- FPGA fully updatable from USB media via built-in, in-system JTAG programming
- Recovery mode - it is always possible to recover from a bad flash - Update your WiiU as normal, no CFW or game patching required
- Pass-through mode. (Use your WiiU in "normal mode")
More official details to be announced!
- image of actual item
- user manual
- support forum
- and much more!
- Exchanges: Can be returned for exchange within 6 months from date of invoice
- Refund: absolutely no refunds on pre-orders. Eligible for coupon code towards store credit, or refund full amount minus 25% (restocking and card processing fee)